Join the 2017 Festival Volunteer Team
Click here to find the perfect volunteer spot for your skills and talents:
Benefits of Volunteering
Aside from getting to work with an amazing, energetic group of people (which alone has brought back volunteers for each year of our four year run)-- all volunteers who participate in either the planning or the onsite event will:
- see amazing films
- engage with the community and meet new people
- get a One Earth Film Festival organic cotton t-shirt
- receive an invitation to the Volunteer Celebration (date TBD)
Film Fest Showings: On-Site Event Tasks for Volunteers in mid-late February and early March 2017:
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help with any of the tasks below:
- assist the facilitator and resource person at film screening and ensure that they understand their roles
- monitor the flow of the event and trouble shoot any issues
- support site staff with set-up and/or clean-up of the opening and closing event
- help with registration
- help with set-up and re-set tasks
- welcome viewers; answer questions and direct attendees
- answer questions for participants / provide directions to film screening sites or other OP/RF locations
- take photos or video footage at film showings for our Facebook page
- setup and manage projection equipment
- provide transportation of equipment, chairs, etc., to various sites
- live-tweet the event and post to Facebook and other social media, in order to amplify the engagement from the event itself
- help people dispose of garbage in the correct fashion, aiming for "zero waste"
Help Spread the Word! (from now through March 3, 2017)
We need all hands on deck to help spreading the word about the 2017 One Earth Film Festival and our fifth annual One Earth Young Filmmakers Contest. Visit the Press and Promotion page soon to find updated, helpful marketing tools.
Sponsors and Donors
Citizens and community leaders are encouraged to lend support as we produce this three-day change-making event in the Chicago/Oak Park/River Forest and surrounding area in March 2017. We need your partnership as we raise awareness about environmental challenges and solutions through the power of film. If interested, please email Sally Stovall at email@example.com.
Post Event Tasks for Volunteers
There are many ways to get involved with Green Community Connections throughout the year. We invite all festival volunteers to share their talents with Green Community Connections after the festival (email Sally at firstname.lastname@example.org)! Skills needed for Green Community Connections' ongoing work:
- fund raising
- web marketing
- database management
- data analysis and reporting
- organizing and group facilitation
- photography / videography
- social media marketing
- web site maintenance skills (training provided)
- web site technical skills
- interviewing, writing & editing skills
- web research
- musicians and story tellers
- passion for sustainability and willingness to learn
- ability to have fun working together on important work to celebrate victories!
- other things that we haven’t yet imagined — share your ideas!
To volunteer for Green Community Connections in our ongoing work, please email Sally Stovall at email@example.com.