Saturday, March 3, 1 to 2:30 p.m. [Downtown]
Columbia College, Music Center, 1014 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago
Doors open 30 minutes before start time. Arrive early to avoid lines and get best seats. ADA compliant accessible venue. Refreshments available after the screenings.
Come see the winning films of our Young Filmmakers Contest. This year, we received a record number of entries. Enjoy the films, applaud the young filmmakers as they receive their prizes in several categories from elementary through college age, and learn about the nonprofit organizations they have chosen to receive matching grants. The three- to eight-minute films and 45-second (or longer) animations will cover energy, food, transportation, waste, water or open space/ecosystems. Stay for a reception with food to celebrate their achievements.
Founding Director of the Young Filmmakers Contest Sue Crothers Gee will announce the winners.
Families with children, as well as teens and young adults encouraged to attend.
Arrive one hour early to experiment with stop-motion work stations set up by Steve and Kate's Camp.
Transportation and Parking
- There are two open air parking lots at 835 S Wabash and 1001 S. Wabash. (seen as gray 'p's on the image below)
- There are 3 parking garages at 1 E 8th St., 1101 S. State, and 1130 S Michigan (seen as red 'p's on the image below)
- The Roosevelt Red, Orange, and Green lines are located just south of the Music Center
- The Harrison Red line is located just north of the Music Center
- The 1, 3, and 4 buses all stop right in front of the Music Center
Close up view of parking options.